About Me

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Geared up

It is 10.30 p.m. at night.  I have set my alarm for 5.30 a.m. (a good time as it is a bit cooler at this time of the morning). Note I place my alarm on a table far away from the bed.  No excuses, as I have to drag myself out of bed to turn the jolly noisy thing off.

I'm as organised as much as I can be having laid out  my clothes (someone did suggest sleeping in them), with my running shoes beside the front door in preparation to start exercising tomorrow.  My poor old dog thinks is now time to go for a walk.

My aim tomorrow is to walk/run for 30 minutes, a good start I think. Start by walking to warm up and when feel comfortable run for a minute or two, continue walking at a brisk pace and the same again.

Take a look at this site:   Running Tips for Beginners , some great tips here. 

My advice:  Just get out there and do what you can, take it at your own pace.  If you just feel like walking then walk, just don't dawdle along.

Funny enough I am looking forward to starting, so here we go. 




No comments:

Post a Comment